AFCEA West – April 2021 – David Ferbrache – Global Head of Cyber Futures, KPMG
AFCEA West – Virtual Meeting
Dovetailing very neatly with The London Chapter’s March event, the Guest Speaker for our meeting on 15th April will be David Ferbrache – Global Head of Cyber Futures at KPMG. The topic of his presentation will be “The hard realities of cyber security in the commercial world – the state of the art, the challenges and the scary moments”.
- The trap of compliance and the struggles firms have to really create a business understanding of cyber risk and how to manage it.
- The interconnected ecosystem and the need for community action to manage systemic risk and resilience.
- The changing threat landscape and the rise of cyber extortion – the failures of our policy responses and the misalignment of incentives to counter cyber crime.
David is an acknowledged UK national cyber security expert and is the Head of Global Cyber Futures for KPMG international. He leads KPMG’s global COVID-19 cyber response, future work on emerging technologies, alliance and partnerships and innovation agenda on cyber; as well as working with KPMG’s largest clients.
Prior to joining KPMG, David was a major contributor to the UK’s first national cyber security strategy, has been involved in establishing most of the UK’s initial national cyber security structures and organisations and led the delivery of the Defence Cyber Security Programme as the Head of Cyber and Space for the Ministry of Defence (MoD). During his time in MoD, David held a number of senior director level roles including responsibility for a large element of MoD’s science budget, lead for MoD’s research and development programme into cyber and influence activities and technical director (and fellow) for Information Operations in the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency. David established the first MoD penetration testing team and undertook the first UK national infrastructure resilience reviews.
David is currently the chair of the Scottish government National Cyber Resilience Advisory Board and was a major contributor to the Scottish government’s cyber resilience strategy.
This meeting is open only to pre-registered attendees. Persons not on the official list will not be admitted.
To register, go to AFCEA UK Website here: https://uk.afceachapters.org and click on “Tickets” in the April Meeting box.
- To register, go to AFCEA UK Website here: https://uk.afceachapters.org and click on “Tickets” in the April Meeting box. You will be re-directed to the Webinargeek.com booking form. Alternatively, use this link https://afceauk.webinargeek.com/afcea-uk-david-ferbrache-obe-global-head-of-cyber-futures-kpmg?cst=via-afcea-org-uk
- You will receive an automated confirmation email of your booking, which will include a personal meeting hyperlink – no password is required.
- If you have already booked for the April 15th meeting, your details have already been transferred across to the new platform.
The closing date for bookings is 12:00 – 9th April 2021