AFCEA London – June 2022 – Emerging Leader / Young AFCEA – RAF Cyber Day
AFCEA London Chapter – Face-to-Face Meeting.
The AFCEA London Chapter ‘Emerging Leaders/Young AFCEA’ sub-committee have organised a fantastic event at RAF High Wycombe, on 7 June 2022. Our previous event originally scheduled for March 2019 was cancelled due to COVID, but we’re back again with a fantastic event.
This is a great taster for RAF life and gives you a real appreciation for RAF Digital and other technical elements of the RAF. Please see the attached ‘Poster’ for more information.
- Come to RAF High Wycombe and learn from our 2 Star Chief Digital Information Officer on his strategy for the RAF going forward.
- Personnel from 591 Signals Unit from RAF Digby will be doing a demonstration on Cyber Threat Awareness and Defensive Monitoring in Cyber.
- The Station Commander will come to talk and give an introduction to RAF life.
- You will get to visit ‘Bomber’ Harris’ Office that he used in World War 2, and the tunnels he and others used to get around the camp during the war.
- You will get a brief from a Cyberspace Professional, who works within Space Command, to give you a brief of the unit and his role in RAF Space domain.
- You will learn from people who work in RAF Digital about their roles and different pathways for your opposite numbers in the military.
Finally, we will be heading to the Station’s beautiful Officers’ Mess for a networking session, with drinks provided. A great opportunity to expand your network into different industries and businesses – including the military.
The cost for the event will be £30 per person and places are limited to a maximum of 30 attendees.
We hope to see as many of you there as possible, but in fairness to all, we can’t take more than 10 people from any one organisation. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, so please act quickly to avoid disappointment.
For further details and booking instructions, please see the document below. A copy can be downloaded here.AFCEA London – RAF Cyber Day – Air Command – 7 June 2022