AFCEA London – December 2020 – Virtual Meeting
AFCEA London – Virtual Meeting
The Guest Speaker for our meeting on 1st December will be Wg Cdr Ben Sharp – SO1 Space Capability Delivery, HQ Air Command. The title of his presentation will be “What next for Space in the MOD?” and will be followed by a facilitated Q&A session. This promises to be a fascinating presentation and follows on very neatly from some questions and comments raised during our 1st October meeting. It should appeal to both Young AFCEANs and long-established regular members alike.
Wing Commander Ben Sharp is a Royal Air Force Engineer Officer, whose career has focused on enabling the command and control of British military operations, in the UK and worldwide. An advocate for information-led decision making, he has led large teams of personnel and negotiated at an inter-governmental level to deliver information systems critical to supporting frontline personnel and theatre commanders alike. On graduation from the Defence Academy’s Advanced Command and Staff Course in 2019, he returned to Headquarters Air Command to join the rapidly expanding team that is delivering space capability for the RAF.
This meeting is open only to pre-registered attendees. Persons not on the official list will not be admitted.
To register, go to AFCEA UK Website here: https://uk.afceachapters.org and click on “Tickets” in the December Meeting box.
- Click through to the Secure Booking Form
- Select the AFCEA UK London Virtual Meeting – 1st December option and tick the GDPR box
- Under Payment Options, complete the details for the person making the booking and select the “Free virtual event / use prepaid voucher” option
- Under the Tickets being booked section, if you know your AFCEA membership number click Industry Member Qty 1. Non-Members click Qty 1 in the Non-Member box. Mil / Gov use the MoD / Gov / Student box. This opens up the Attendee Names details boxes further down. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED, so long as you have selected the Free virtual event payment option (see above)
- Scroll down to the Use Prepaid Tickets section, select one ticket and insert “1st December Virtual Event” in the Reference box.
- Complete the Attendee Name section
- Ignore the Other Information and Summary boxes
- Click on the Submit button
You will receive a manually generated confirmation email of your booking.
The closing date for bookings is 12:00 – 27th November 2020