Maj N K Hannan VR – SO2 Cyber Exercises (Overseas) LIAG, Joint Forces Cyber Group –
“Hacker Troop: 20 years of Cyber Security Excellence”
The Land Information Assurance Group (LIAG) has recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. Founded in 1999, it has delivered specialist information assurance and cyber security capability to the MoD in the UK, in operational theatres and worldwide. Maj Noel Hannan, a member of LIAG since 2006, has written its unit history, HACKER TROOP, copies of which will be available to purchase on the evening. His talk will cover the unit’s creation and first deployments, as well as examining its role in underpinning the modern concept of a cyber reserve embraced by NATO and nations worldwide.
Brickhampton Golf Club
Churchdown GL2 9QF
Pre-meeting drinks 18:45
Dinner approx 20:20
Please see the event flyer and booking form below. To download a copy, please click here – opens in a new tabAFCEA UK West 13Feb2020 Form
AFCEA UK – Virtual Meeting
After a few months’ absence, our first ever AFCEA London Chapter “virtual meeting” will be held on Thursday 30th July 2020, at 17:00. Ciaran Martin, the outgoing CEO of the NCSC will give a short “fireside chat” followed by a brief Q&A session. Ciaran needs absolutely no introduction, but we are delighted that he has been able to make time in his very busy schedule to talk to us, just before he retires. It should be fascinating.
This is a free event for AFCEA members and guests, but in order to be able to attend, you must pre-register by booking on line at https://uk.afceachapters.org/london-bookpay/
AFCEA West – Virtual Meeting
For the AFCEA UK West Chapter’s first virtual meeting on 10th September 2020, our guest speaker for the evening is Maj Gen J J Cole (Army Info-Dir-CIO). Gen JJ will be giving a “fireside chat” which will be followed by a facilitated Q&A session.
This meeting is open only to pre-registered attendees. Persons not on the official list will not be admitted.
To register, go to AFCEA UK Website here: https://uk.afceachapters.org and click on “Tickets” in the September Meeting box.
- Click through to the Secure Booking Form
- Select the AFCEA UK West Virtual Meeting – 10th September option and tick the GDPR box
- Under Payment Options, complete the details for the person making the booking and select the “Free virtual event / use prepaid voucher” option
- Under the Tickets being booked section, if you know your AFCEA membership number click Industry Member Qty 1. Non-Members click Qty 1 in the Non-Member box. Mil / Gov use the MoD / Gov / Student box. This opens up the Attendee Names details boxes further down. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED, so long as you have selected the Free virtual event payment option (see above)
- Scroll down to the Use Prepaid Tickets section, select one ticket and insert “10th September Virtual Event” in the Reference box.
- Complete the Attendee Name section
- Ignore the Other Information and Summary boxes
- Click on the Submit button
You will receive a manually generated confirmation email of your booking.