AFCEA West – Virtual Meeting
Dovetailing very neatly with The London Chapter’s March event, the Guest Speaker for our meeting on 15th April will be David Ferbrache – Global Head of Cyber Futures at KPMG. The topic of his presentation will be “The hard realities of cyber security in the commercial world – the state of the art, the challenges and the scary moments”.
David is an acknowledged UK national cyber security expert and is the Head of Global Cyber Futures for KPMG international. He leads KPMG’s global COVID-19 cyber response, future work on emerging technologies, alliance and partnerships and innovation agenda on cyber; as well as working with KPMG’s largest clients.
Prior to joining KPMG, David was a major contributor to the UK’s first national cyber security strategy, has been involved in establishing most of the UK’s initial national cyber security structures and organisations and led the delivery of the Defence Cyber Security Programme as the Head of Cyber and Space for the Ministry of Defence (MoD). During his time in MoD, David held a number of senior director level roles including responsibility for a large element of MoD’s science budget, lead for MoD’s research and development programme into cyber and influence activities and technical director (and fellow) for Information Operations in the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency. David established the first MoD penetration testing team and undertook the first UK national infrastructure resilience reviews.
David is currently the chair of the Scottish government National Cyber Resilience Advisory Board and was a major contributor to the Scottish government’s cyber resilience strategy.
This meeting is open only to pre-registered attendees. Persons not on the official list will not be admitted.
To register, go to AFCEA UK Website here: https://uk.afceachapters.org and click on “Tickets” in the April Meeting box.
- Click through to the Secure Booking Form
- Select the AFCEA UK West Virtual Meeting – 15th April option and tick the GDPR box
- Under Payment Options, complete the details for the person making the booking and select the “Free virtual event / use prepaid voucher” option
- Under the Tickets being booked section, if you know your AFCEA membership number click Industry Member Qty 1. Non-Members click Qty 1 in the Non-Member box. Mil / Gov use the MoD / Gov / Student box. This opens up the Attendee Names details boxes further down. YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED, so long as you have selected the Free virtual event payment option (see above)
- Scroll down to the Use Prepaid Tickets section, select one ticket and insert “15th April Virtual Event” in the Reference box.
- Complete the Attendee Name section
- Ignore the Other Information and Summary boxes
- Click on the Submit button
The closing date for bookings is 12:00 – 9th April 2021
You will receive a manually generated confirmation email of your booking.